There are three projects that have been sitting on Ravelry projects page for far too long without any updates. I decided it’s time to do something about them.
Last November I took a sock class at Stitch Your Art Out. The pattern was Toe-Up Socks designed by one of the shop owners, Cynthia Spencer. I started two different socks. One in the first class and another at home so I could practice before the second class. In the second class we turned the heel. And then I stalled. I stalled because there were other things to knit. I stalled because there was an uncertainty about how I would know when to stop knitting my first sock and cast off to start the next one. I stalled because maybe I don’t love knitting socks as much as I thought I would. I never even turned the heel on the second sock and that would have been easier to continue since I was using two separate skeins to knit it.
About a month or so ago, I bought a food scale so that I could weigh yarn. And today, I finally broke it out. I tested it on the leftover wool from my Honeycomb Hat.
That’s almost half a skein of Cascade 220. I was half tempted to sit and weigh and catalog all my leftover yarn but that’s a project for another day. Maybe.
I needed to weigh my leftover sock yarn from my first sock so I know when I need to cast off so I can get started on the next sock.
This is Rabbit Ridge Designs Sock Yarn and at 100 grams, I still have a lot more to go before I will have to cast off. While I would love to be officially finished with my first sock, I’m also glad that it will get a lot longer because the taller the sock, the happier I am.
This is the other sock. It’s going to hang around for a while longer. Or maybe I should just frog it? The Mini Mochi is so pretty and I don’t know what to do.
But the project I’ve made the most progress on is my Lady Kina. I started this top down cardigan for myself last fall and realized that it was definitely not going to fit me. I did a swatch but since it’s not American sizing, I think I misjudged. But, the good thing is that before frogging it, I brought it with me on a visit to my parents in October, tried the shoulders on my mom and it fits! So, now I’m just trying to finish it up to give to her.
I’ve knit about seven inches from the sleeves down and I think we decided it should be thirteen total, including the garter edge. I was hoping to finish by Thanksgiving but there’s no way I’ll get through it by Thursday, especially since there’s others things happening between now and then.
There are other projects that I want to start. Once this sweater comes off my needles, I’ll start my dad’s DNA Scarf. I wound the yarn for it earlier this week.